Sunday, December 5, 2010

A beginning.

I used to blog a lot. Well, I also used to write a lot. I guess interests change, and then there's the fact that I can simply put up a Facebook status that will sum up anything I could possibly be feeling without me having to write an entire post explaining it, which usually satisfies me.

I've got a lot of thoughts, I guess.

I wanna write again, because I'm looking for purpose for myself. I'm double-majoring in Theatre and English, and I exercise my Theatre muscles regularly. As for English, well, yeah, I've written more papers this semester than I have had to in such a span of time ever, but I haven't really done much creative writing. Which could be a little issue, since my focus is Creative Writing. So I guess I'm doing this more for myself, than anything. I mean, I'll work to make this interesting and a worthwhile read, but it may take some time to warm up. But, oh yeah, purpose. I don't know what I'm gonna do with my life. I'd love to be an actress, but let's be realistic--I'm pretty mediocre in that field, at this point. Maybe four years of training will change that, we'll see. But I certainly had reasoning behind deciding to double-major.

I like the feeling of writing something good. I like it when people tell me that they like what I write, that they like my style. I love knowing that there's something that I have a bit of natural talent for. It's been something constant my whole life through, and it just made sense to make it a part of my college education. I wanna get better at it and know that I have something solid that I can do. Well, okay, it's really not that much more solid than acting, but it does have more options, and therefore, more opportunity. Which makes me not really worry about myself as much.

I kinda just have a feeling things will work out. I'm going to work for what I want, yes, but I'm not going to be stressing at this very moment in time about knowing what my exact career will be in four years. I think things are gonna fall into place, as long as I play my cards right and trust my direction.

Sometimes I get irritated with people that demand plans. Maybe it's silly of me, because it's often just when I'm hanging out with friends and we're trying to figure out something to do, and someone gets flustered and demands we make a solid plan. I'm not trying to point fingers at any of my friends that have done this, and I totally understand where you are coming from. I think I just like it when things just happen on their own. You pick a direction, and go. You enjoy the company of others and let life happen.

I'm the dog who likes car rides. No, honestly, I am. I love just getting into a car and riding along, passenger seat. People don't get why I'm so quiet in the car. It's where I contemplate, I dream, and just plain meditate. I especially love car rides to places I've never been, and car rides that don't have a set destination. I love adventure. When I get my license and my own vehicle... that will be a wonderful time.

I like flying by the seat of my pants.

This is nice. I forgot what it was like to write without prompt, to write whatever I wanted with no expectations for what I wrote. It's therapeutic, actually. Maybe I'll keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment