Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dreams. (a poem)

I got a few dreams
Strange as it seems
In the back pocket of my jeans

They're there
Their fair
Faces share

Smiles, and frowns
Turned upside down
They say "This town

You're gonna leave it
Bit by bit
Watch the bridges be lit

Don't hold to the pain
Ain't nothing to gain
It's not the same

But we know you better
Broken the fetter
Got your jeans and a sweater

Stand up on your own feet
Start lookin' real neat
So say your sweet

Good-byes"
I can't tell truth from lies
So I listen to their sighs

Drawn out long
Tell me where I belong
I dream it's a song

Rough fingers on acoustic strings
A voice low that rings
A voice low that sings

Of soft promises in your arms
Of my beauty and your charms
Nothing left to alarm

Us, because sanct is us
Got nothin' but trust
But I must

Remember that these
Are blown with the breeze
Back pocket sleaze

I don't know what's real
From my dreams I steal
You, and on my heart set a seal

No comments:

Post a Comment